- M.S. degree in Computer Science, University of Granada, July, 1992.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (DECSAI), University of Granada, October 18, 1996.
- Dissertation title: Application of fuzzy logic based techniques for improving the behaviour of the real-coded genetic algorithms.
Dr. D. Francisco Herrera
- TEACHING EXPERIENCE
- Assistant Professor of the Department of Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence (DECSAI).
- Currently teaches at the Sciences Faculty of the
University of Granada.
- RESEARCH ACTIVITIES
- Member of the Approximate Reasoning and Artificial Intelligence research group (ARAI).
- Research interest areas are:
Genetic Algorithms, Fuzzy Logic.
- RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Title: Fuzzy Logic Applications with Genetic Algorithms. Ref. DGICYT PB92-0933. Period: June 1993-May 1996. Coordinator: J.L. Verdegay.
- Title: Network of Excellence in Evolutionary Computing (EvoNet) European Comission DG III Industry. Esprit Programme. Period: Since 1996. Coordinator Granada node: F. Herrera.
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
- PERSONAL DATA
- Born in Granada on July 16, 1969.
- Nationality: Spanish.
Departament of Computer Science and A.I.
University of Granada
18071 Granada, Spain
Phone: +34 58 244017;
Fax: +34 58 243317;